Are you an aspiring actor, actress, dancer or singer? Do you see yourself one day on the stage? DO YOU WANT TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT IN FRONT OF PEOPLE? Are you looking to just have some plain old fun? Join one of our many Youtheatre classes! Instruction in dance, comedy, radio, drama, song, tech and stage production with our experienced teachers and staff.
Instruction in the arts is shown to improve concentration, expression, social skills, and confidence in young people.
Fostering creativity and the opportunity to make friends helps in the overall development of a child.
Youtheatre believes it’s never too early to start learning and enjoying the dramatic arts!
Our little ones LOVE our”Let’s Show Off!” class on Saturday mornings! And our little ones are just LOVING their drama time! For an hour each week, these 3, 4, and 5-year-olds enjoy creative storytelling complete with puppets, costumes, role play, verbal expression, music, movin’ and groovin’. Our youngest performers put on skits, act out stories and have a whole lot of fun!
Studies show that involvement in Creative Arts from an early age increases brain function and promote the development of reasoning, verbal communication, and social skills.
Youtheatre Classes — Have been extended!
All Fall & Winter classes are an hour long, run for 10 weeks, and cost $125 a semester (not per week)
Our Spring Mini-Session runs for 5 weeks, and costs $65 (not per week)
Classes are designed to run two semesters–however we welcome families interested in just one semester!
15% DISCOUNT FOR STUDENTS WHO SIGN UP FOR TWO SEMESTERS BEFORE FALL SEMESTER STARTS.
Anthis Career Center Class Showcase March 17 (Rehearsal March 16)
Class Dates for 2015-2016 School Year
Fall Semester Saturday Classes: 9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14
Winter Semester Saturday Classes: 1/9, 1/16, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/5, 3/12
Spring Mini Session Saturdays: 4/9, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/7
Each class is 1 hour long
Download the form above and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail/drop-off to YOUTHEATRE, 303 E. Main Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Youtheatre offers scholarships to those who may need financial assistance with classes or camp
New to Youtheatre’s Classes is a Spring Showcase exclusive only to students!
Anthis Career Center Class Showcase March 17, 6-8pm
Rehearsal at Anthis March 16, 4:30-6:30pm
In order to prepare for the Showcase, we’re offering a 15% discount for registering for Fall and Winter Sessions!
Students are required to have an attendance record of at least 70% to be considered for the Showcase.
Class Policy Handout for Families of Students:
2015-2016 NEW CLASSES & TIMES
“LET’S SHOW OFF!!!” PRE K THEATRE/MOVEMENT (AGES 3, 4, 5) 10 AM
- This class is designed for our youngest performers! Each class will have storytelling, puppets, costumes, music, movin’ and groovn’!! Parents are welcome but not required.
PRE CREATIVE DRAMA- (K & lst GRADE) 11AM
- A games approach to theatre building positive self-esteem and socialization skills! Storytelling fun that includes creative dramatization, movement and speaking in front of a group!
CREATIVE DRAMA-(2nd & 3rd Grade) 10 AM & 12pm
- Gain poise and self-assurance! Learn to communicate through pantomime, improvisation, beginning script play and fun filled acting games.
BEGINNING DRAMA- (4th -7th Grade) 11am & 12pm
- A more formal class in theatre techniques. Script reading, projection, characterization through dialogue, scene study, blocking, pantomime and improvisation. Develop confidence in your talent!
JUNIOR DRAMA- EXPERIENCED THEATRE STUDENTS
(6TH – 12TH Grade & Experienced Students) 1 PM
- Advanced theatre techniques. An intensive approach to emotions, characterization development, stage blocking and public speaking. Gain belief in your ability!
SENIOR ADVANCED DRAMA- (3RD/4TH /5th) YEAR STUDENT) 2 PM
- The most intensive study in the art of acting. Advanced improvisation, scene work and monologues. The final step in becoming a full-fledged actor!!
- *Director approval is necessary*
STAGECRAFT- (6TH – 12TH GRADE) 11aM
- Go behind the scenes and learn the real magic of theatre! Get hands on experience in technical theatre. Students will work with Youtheatre Technical Director Heather Closson in the areas of lighting, sound, costumes, stage make-up techniques, prop construction, set design, and painting. Material created in stagecraft is featured in Storybook Theatre and other Youtheatre productions!
VOICE FOR THE STAGE (3RD – 12TH GRADE) 12pm
- Learn proper singing technique, breath control and intonation. Emphasis on the American Musical Theatre includes stage movement and “selling” a song. Students will have the opportunity to prepare an audition song and build their song repertoire.
NEW BEGINNING THEATRE DANCE (2nd — 12th GRADE) 2 PM
- Get a taste of various dances and styles through popular musical theatre tunes! Students will explore basic techniques in jazz, ballet, hip hop, and tap dance through energetic movement activities, boosting their stage presence to new heights. Learn simple to medium choreography to enhance any stage production or character. This class will boost your confidence and prepare you for any dance audition-no previous experience needed!
NEW ADVANCED THEATRE DANCE (6th-12th GRADE) 2PM
- Push yourself to the next level by continuing in our NEW advanced level class! Continue learning intermediate to advanced dance fundamentals while exploring new tricks and movement concepts. In this class, students will work collaboratively to study and create choreography from some of Broadway’s best musicals! A brief history of musical theatre will also be explored, allowing dancers to fully connect with each song, time period, and genre of dance. (Some experience required–Director approval is necessary)
WEDNESDAY AFTER SCHOOL PLAYHOUSE
“MAKE ‘EM LAUGH!” COMEDY/IMPROVISATION THEATRE
(GRADES 3-8) WEDNESDAYS, 4:30-5:30
- Whose line is it? Think on your feet through creative improvisation’ study the art of comedy through slapstick choreography, one liner delivery, comedy script, puns and word play! STARTS 9/16