Are you an aspiring actor, actress, dancer or singer? Do you see yourself one day on the stage? Are you looking to just have some plain old fun? Join one of our many Youtheatre classes! Instruction in dance, comedy, radio, drama, song, tech and stage production with our experienced teachers and staff.
Instruction in the arts is shown to improve concentration, expression, social skills, and confidence in young people.
Fostering creativity and the opportunity to make friends helps in the overall development of a child.
3 sessions: September (8 weeks, starts Sept 15), January (8 weeks, starts Jan 12) and April (5 weeks, starts April 13)
Classes are $100 for an 8 week session (Spring session is $65 for 5 weeks)
Spring Classes: Saturday classes– 4/12 4/19 4/26 5/3 5/10
“Make ‘Em Laugh!” - Wednesday– 4/16 4/23 4/30 5/7 5/14
Taiko & Drama 8 week Fall Session starts September 9th!
Each class is 1 hour long
Download the form above and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to YOUTHEATRE, 303 E. Main Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Youtheatre offers scholarships to those who may need financial assistance with classes or camp
- “Let’s Show Off!” (ages 3, 4, 5) 10am
This class is designed for our youngest performers. Each class will have storytelling, puppets, costumes, music, movin’ and groovin’! Parents are welcome but not required.
- “Pre Creative Drama” (K-2nd grade) 11am
A games approach to theatre which builds self-esteem and socialization skills! Storytelling fun that includes creative dramatization, movement and speaking in front of a group.
- “Creative Drama” (2nd -4th grade) 10 & 11am
Learn to communicate through pantomime, improvisation, self assurance, poise, and fun-filled acting games!
- “Beginning Drama” (3rd- 8th grade) noon & 1pm
A basic introduction to theatre techniques: script reading, projection, characterization through dialogue, scene study, blocking, pantomime, and improvisation. Develop confidence in your talent!
- “Junior Drama” (7th-12th grade) 2pm
A class with more focused attention on theatre techniques. An intensive approach to emotions, characterization development, stage blocking, and public speaking.
- “Senior Advanced Drama” (6th-12th grade) 3pm
Our most intensive study in the art of acting. Focuses on advanced improvisation, scene work, and monologues. Director approval necessary
- “Voice for the Stage” (3rd – 8th grade) noon
Learn proper singing technique, breath control and intonation. Emphasis on the American Musical Theatre includes stage movement and “selling” a song. Students will have the opportunity to prepare an audition song and build their song repertoire.
- “Dance Theatre” (6th-12th grade) 2pm
Students will get a taste of a spectrum of dances used on stage. Learn simple to medium-difficulty choreography to enhance any stage production or character. This class will prepare you for any dance audition!
- “Stagecraft” (6th-12th grade) 1 & 2pm
Go behind the scenes and learn the real magic of theatre! Students will work with the Youtheatre set team on the main stage in the areas of lighting, sound, set design, and painting.
Wednesday After School Playhouse
- “Make ‘Em Laugh!” (3rd-8th grade) 4:30-5:30pm
- Comedy and improvisation theatre—think on your feet through creative improv, study the art of comedy though slapstick choreography, one liner delivery, comedy script, puns, and wordplay.
- 8 weeks – $100
Thursday Off Site
- “Radio Theatre” (6th-12th grade) 4:30-5:30
- Offered at Summit City Radio (home of ROCK 104, WILD 96.3, and WGL 1250 AM) 2000 Lower Huntington Road. Students will work in small groups and learn the machinations of a radio studio. Using theatre techniques, the class will produce a radio program.
- 8 weeks – $120