Are you an aspiring actor, actress, dancer or singer? Do you see yourself one day on the stage? DO YOU WANT TO FEEL MORE CONFIDENT IN FRONT OF PEOPLE? Are you looking to just have some plain old fun? Join one of our many Youtheatre classes! Instruction in dance, comedy, radio, drama, song, tech and stage production with our experienced teachers and staff.
Instruction in the arts is shown to improve concentration, expression, social skills, and confidence in young people.
Fostering creativity and the opportunity to make friends helps in the overall development of a child.
Youtheatre believes it’s never too early to start learning and enjoying the dramatic arts!
Our little ones LOVE our”Let’s Show Off!” class on Saturday mornings! And our little ones are just LOVING their drama time! For an hour each week, these 3, 4, and 5-year-olds enjoy creative storytelling complete with puppets, costumes, role play, verbal expression, music, movin’ and groovin’. Our youngest performers put on skits, act out stories and have a whole lot of fun!
Studies show that involvement in Creative Arts from an early age increases brain function and promote the development of reasoning, verbal communication, and social skills.
Youtheatre Classes — Have been extended!
All Fall & Winter classes are an hour long, run for 10 weeks, and cost $125 a session (not per week)
Our Spring Mini-Session runs for 5 weeks, and costs $65 a session (not per week)
Classes are designed to run two semesters–however we welcome families interested in just one semester!
15% DISCOUNT FOR STUDENTS WHO SIGN UP FOR TWO SEMESTERS DURING FALL REGISTRATION.
CLASS SHOWCASE MARCH 19 (REHEARSAL MARCH 16, 17, 18)
Class Dates for 2014-2015 School Year
Spring Mini Session: Saturday Classes– 4/11, 4/18, 4/25, 5/2, 5/9 (Visit Day)
Class Dates for 2015-2016 School Year
Fall Semester Saturday Classes: 9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17 10/24, 10/31, 11/7, 11/14
Winter Semester Saturday Classes: 1/9, 1/16, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/20, 2/27, 3/5, 3/12
Spring Mini Session Saturdays: 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/7, 5/14
Each class is 1 hour long
Download the form above and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail/drop-off to YOUTHEATRE, 303 E. Main Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Youtheatre offers scholarships to those who may need financial assistance with classes or camp
New to Youtheatre’s Classes is a Spring Showcase exclusive only to students!
The Student Showcase precedes our Spring Session, and is in March.
In order to prepare for the Showcase, we’re offering a 15% discount for registering for Fall and Winter Sessions!
Students are required to have an attendance record of at least 70% to be considered for the Showcase.
Class Policy Handout for Families of Students
Experience the arts and different cultures through dance, music and theatre!
On the last day of classes, family and friends are invited to a demonstration/performance.
Fort Wayne Youtheatre is offering an 8-week course in theatre, music, and dance! The program runs from 10am-11pm. on Tuesdays. Children between the ages of 6 and 14 years old may attend. Parents or guardians may register children below!
Home School Spring session: April 7th–May 5th.
All classes will be held in the Arts United Center, 303 E. Main Street, Ft. Wayne, IN 46802.
Before and after child care provided for $5 per hour.
Fort Wayne Youtheatre will handle ALL registration forms regardless of discipline. Complete the registration form, selecting which sessions your child will attend and the number of children attending. Discounts are listed for multiple children and both classes. A minimum of 5 children must be registered in each session in order for the program to run. No refunds after the first day of class. A confirmation letter will be e-mailed upon receipt of your registration form.
Specific questions regarding disciplines, curriculum should be directed to the following individuals:
- Fort Wayne Youtheatre: Leslie Hormann, 260.422.6900, Leslie@fortwayneyoutheatre.org
“LET’S SHOW OFF!!!” PRE K THEATRE/MOVEMENT (AGES 3, 4, 5) 10 AM
- This class is designed for our youngest performers! Each class will have storytelling, puppets, costumes, music, movin’ and groovn’!! Parents are welcome but not required.
PRE CREATIVE DRAMA- (K & lst GRADE) 11AM
- A games approach to theatre building positive self-esteem and socialization skills! Storytelling fun that includes creative dramatization, movement and speaking in front of a group!
CREATIVE DRAMA-(2nd & 3rd Grade) 11 AM
- Gain poise and self-assurance! Learn to communicate through pantomime, improvisation, beginning script play and fun filled acting games.
BEGINNING DRAMA- (4th -7th Grade) NOON
- A more formal class in theatre techniques. Script reading, projection, characterization through dialogue, scene study, blocking, pantomime and improvisation. Develop confidence in your talent!
JUNIOR DRAMA- EXPERIENCED THEATRE STUDENTS
(6TH – 12TH Grade) 1 PM
- Advanced theatre techniques. An intensive approach to emotions, characterization development, stage blocking and public speaking. Gain belief in your ability!
SENIOR ADVANCED DRAMA- (3RD/4TH /5th) YEAR STUDENT) 1 PM
- The most intensive study in the art of acting. Advanced improvisation, scene work and monologues. The final step in becoming a full-fledged actor!!
- *Director approval is necessary*
STAGECRAFT- (6TH – 12TH GRADE) 1PM
- Go behind the scenes and learn the real magic of theatre! Get hands on experience in technical theatre. Students will work with Youtheatre instructor Heather Closson in the areas of lighting, sound, costumes, stage make-up techniques, prop construction, set design, and painting. Material created in stagecraft is featured in Storybook Theatre and other Youtheatre productions!
VOICE FOR THE STAGE (3RD – 9TH GRADE) NOON
- Learn good singing technique, breath control and intonation. Emphasis on the American Musical Theatre includes stage movement and “selling” a song. Students will have the opportunity to prepare an audition song and build their song repertoire.
THEATRE DANCE (4TH – 9TH GRADE) 2 PM
- Students will get a taste of different dances used on stage. Learn basic to intermediate choreography to enhance any stage production and character! Sparkle and shine in a variety of dance styles. This class will prepare you for any dance audition!!
WEDNESDAY AFTER SCHOOL PLAYHOUSE
MAKE ‘EM LAUGH!” COMEDY/IMPROVISATION THEATRE,
(GRADES 3-8) WEDNESDAYS, 4:30-5:30
- Whose line is it? Think on your feet through creative improvisation’ study the art of comedy through slapstick choreography, one liner delivery, comedy script, puns and word play! STARTS 1/14, TEN WEEKS LONG, $125.