Are you an aspiring actor, actress, dancer or singer? Do you see yourself one day on the stage? Are you looking to just have some plain old fun? Join one of our many Youtheatre classes! Instruction in dance, comedy, radio, drama, song, tech and stage production with our experienced teachers and staff.
Instruction in the arts is shown to improve concentration, expression, social skills, and confidence in young people.
Fostering creativity and the opportunity to make friends helps in the overall development of a child.
Youtheatre Classes — Have been extended!
All classes are an hour long, run for 10 weeks and cost $125 a session (not per week)
Classes are designed to run two semesters-
15% DISCOUNT FOR STUDENTS WHO SIGN UP FOR TWO SEMESTERS DURING FALL REGISTRATION.
CLASS SHOWCASE MARCH 19 (REHEARSAL MARCH 16, 17, 18)
Fall Classes: Saturday classes– 9/13, 9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/11 (Bring a Friend), 10/18, 10/25, 11/1, 11/8, 11/15 (Visit Day)
Winter Classes: Saturday classes– 1/10, 1/17, 1/24 (Visit Day), 1/31 (Bring a Friend), 2/7, 2/14, 2/21, 2/28, 3/7, 3/14
Spring Mini Session: Saturday Classes– 4/11, 4/18, 4/25, 5/2, 5/9 (Visit Day)
Taiko & Drama 8 week Fall Session starts September 9th!
Each class is 1 hour long
Download the form above and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail/drop-off to YOUTHEATRE, 303 E. Main Street, Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Youtheatre offers scholarships to those who may need financial assistance with classes or camp
New to Youtheatre’s Classes is a Spring Showcase exclusive only to students!
The Student Showcase precedes our Spring Session in 2015 on March 19th at the Anthis Career Center
In order to prepare for the Showcase, we’re offering a 15% discount for registering for Fall and Winter Sessions!
Students are required to have an attendance record of at least 70% to be considered for the Showcase.
Rehearsals for the Showcase are:
March 16th & 17th 4:30-6:30 at the Arts United Center, and
March 18th 4:30-6:30 at the Anthis Career Center
“LET’S SHOW OFF!!!” PRE K THEATRE/MOVEMENT (AGES 3, 4, 5)
- This class is designed for our youngest performers! Each class will have storytelling, puppets, costumes, music, movin’ and groovn’!! Parents are welcome but not required.
PRE CREATIVE DRAMA- (K & lst GRADE) 11 AM
- A games approach to theatre building positive self-esteem and socialization skills! Storytelling fun that includes creative dramatization, movement and speaking in front of a group!
CREATIVE DRAMA-(2nd & 3rd Grade) 10 or 11 AM
- Gain poise and self-assurance! Learn to communicate through pantomime, improvisation, beginning script play and fun filled acting games.
BEGINNING DRAMA- (4th -7th Grade) NOON OR 1 PM
- A more formal class in theatre techniques. Script reading, projection, characterization through dialogue, scene study, blocking, pantomime and improvisation. Develop confidence in your talent!
JUNIOR DRAMA- EXPERIENCED THEATRE STUDENTS
(6TH – 12TH Grade) 1 PM
- Advanced theatre techniques. An intensive approach to emotions, characterization development, stage blocking and public speaking. Gain belief in your ability!
SENIOR ADVANCED DRAMA- (3RD/4TH /5th) YEAR STUDENT)
- The most intensive study in the art of acting. Advanced improvisation, scene work and monologues. The final step in becoming a full-fledged actor!!
- *Director approval is necessary*
STAGECRAFT- (6TH – 12TH GRADE) 1 or 2PM
- Go behind the scenes and learn the real magic of theatre! Get hands on experience in technical theatre. Students will work with the Arts United Tech Director on the main stage in the areas of lighting, sound, set design and painting.
VOICE FOR THE STAGE (3RD – 9TH GRADE) NOON
- Learn good singing technique, breath control and intonation. Emphasis on the American Musical Theatre includes stage movement and “selling” a song. Students will have the opportunity to prepare an audition song and build their song repertoire.
THEATRE DANCE (4TH – 9TH GRADE) 2 PM
- Students will get a taste of different dances used on stage. Learn simple- medium choreography to enhance any stage production and character! Sparkle and shine in performed dance routines. This class will prepare you for any dance audition!!
WEDNESDAY AFTER SCHOOL PLAYHOUSE
MAKE ‘EM LAUGH!” COMEDY/IMPROVISATION THEATRE,
(GRADES 3-8) WEDNESDAYS, 4:30-5:30
- Whose line is it? Think on your feet through creative improvisation’ study the art of comedy through slapstick choreography, one liner delivery, comedy script, puns and word play! STARTS 9/17, TEN WEEKS LONG, $125.
THURSDAY AFTER SCHOOL RADIO
RADIO THEATRE (GRADES 6 – 12) 5 weeks Thursdays starting 9/18 4:30-5:30.
Taught by Doc West, Rock 104
- Students will work in small groups and learn the inner workings of a radio studio. Using Theatrical techniques, class will produce a radio program. Starting 9/18